Business Development Representative
We’re The Rapid Learning Institute in suburban Philadelphia. RLI provides subscription e-learning platforms in the areas of Sales and Leadership. Micro-learning is the hottest thing going in the world of B2B training and development today, and our customers include Bridgestone/Firestone, Halliburton, Honeywell, Valspar, Yokohama, Airgas, BASF and many others.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, ambitious, driven individuals to join our Business Development team. In this career-track position, you’re responsible for prospecting, qualifying and nurturing leads to help build a sales pipeline.. Your job is to identify qualified opportunities and schedule appointments for our enterprise closers.
- Qualify B2B Marketing leads and where appropriate setting appointments for closers
- Conduct “vertical campaigns” where you seek out and qualify decision makers in targeted verticals where the company has had previous success
- Manage inbound and outbound prospects. Provide follow up on demand-generation activities.
- Build rapport and trust with contacts, maintain positive relationships. Provide resources (data sheets, webinars, etc.) as appropriate.
- Gather key information on leads and keep CRM system up to date. Identify opportunities that meet minimum qualifications for the RLI sales team.
- Establish next steps with the prospect, and establish clear ground rules for a smooth transition to the appropriate RLI team member.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals and targets. Maintain a set amount of proactive, outbound activity.
- Motivated self-starter that is coachable and willing to learn skills that will prepare them for a future in sales
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- Looking for 1-2 years of prospecting, qualifying and lead nurturing experience or related experience in telesales, outbound / cold calling, or customer service
- Consultative selling skills – you must excel at asking good questions, listening effectively, and identifying challenges that RLI can help address
Soft Skills :
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
- Proven ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Superior needs analysis, qualification, and positioning skills.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent compensation with Base Salary + Commission as well as Competitive benefits package including medical, flex plan, 401k.